Wednesday, August 30, 2006

In Bloom


This morning when I bumbled to SSS with a coffee mug in my hand and sleep on my brain, I saw what appeared to be people filming a movie at the main entrance. I asked a cop what was going on and he said they were filming a movie In Bloom with Uma Thurman.

They were trying to pretty up SSS too, which I thought was kind of amusing. All of a sudden, the rear entryway to SSS is in full bloom: white flowers and forsythia branches all around. Of course, if one looked more closely, the individual (fake?) forsythia branches were not real-- they were merely tied to the ratty bushes, or shrubs whose existence Yale has resigned itself to a long time ago.

(Side note: I recognize the forsythia because I planted those the last year I was in Maryland, and they were the only plants, besides my day lilies, that have ever lived--current case in point: Bo Bice, my basil plant.)

I should have gone down and watched the filming of the movie. I love Uma Thurman because she's so weird-looking ("Uma! Your face is so weird! Kinda like an alien or some other creepy life form. Will you have my babies?!!"-- would be how I'd make my move) -- but sadly, I found my coffee cup more compelling. The Sloth wins again... says the girl blogging from a computer in her lap in front of the TV, too tired to take out her contacts and even change into her PJ's.

Score another one for Laziness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home